Medical Marijuana Certification Process
In order to be considered for qualification, you must have one of the following qualifying conditions that may benefit from the use of medical marijuana: Cancer, Glaucoma, HIV/ AIDS, Hepatitis C, Amyotrophic lateral sclerosis, Crohn's disease, Agitation of Alzheimer's disease, cachexia or wasting syndrome, severe and chronic pain, severe nausea, seizures, muscle spasms.
Step One: Prequalification & Medical Records Review
- You do not need a referral to see a physician at THE EVALUATION CENTER.
- Complete the online prequalification form.
- Once this has been submitted, it will be reviewed by one of our physicians in a timely manner. You will be contacted via email regarding the determination. (a confidential/secure email must be provided)
- The most important aspect of the prequalification process is the review of medical records to determine eligibility. Obtain your records from your treating physician(s) (see How to Obtain your Medical Records) and have them mailed or faxed to this office.
- If you have not seen a doctor for your condition and, thus do not have any medical records, you may see a physician as a new patient at THE EVALUATION CENTER. Your physician will make a determination regarding your condition and recommend treatment options along with providing on-going care.
- Mail to:
Southwest Medical Marijuana Evaluation Center
8010 E. McDowell Rd.
Scottsdale, AZ 85257
- Fax to:
Step Two: Make Your Evaluation Appointment
- If you pre-qualify, make an appointment for your physician's evaluation online or call 480-656-2119.
- Download the Patient Information Packet.
- At the appointment, your physician will conduct a complete assessment of your medical condition along with any pertinent exams. As a result of this assessment, you will receive a detailed treatment plan along with a signed Physician's Certification Form.
You must bring the following with you to the appointment:
- Completed and signed Patient Information Packet Forms
- Arizona driver's license or state issued photo ID to establish proof of residency
- Medical records (if not previously mailed/faxed)
Step 3: Apply For Medical Marijuana Identification Card
Instructions available at the Arizona Department of Health Services website: www.azdhs.gov/medicalmarijuana/patients/adult.htm